Business Development & Licensing - Project Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION :
While reporting to the Global Business Development Lead, the successful
candidate will work closely within the UPSA Business Strategy & Innovation team
to assess and guide implementation plans for new product opportunities, which
will be extensive over the coming years.
The BD Project Manager will participate to generate top line revenue growth and
profitability for the Company through researching, structuring, negotiating,
obtaining approval, closing, and managing or product acquisition and/or licensing
deals targeted primary both for the french market and for international markets.
This role will translate business strategy into actions through the identification,
development, and closure of business opportunities. It includes pharma products,
medical devices & food supplement.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
Present to senior leaders, business cases based on Identification and evaluation
of business development opportunities for product licensing and commercial
• Use existing network, establish contacts, build relationships, and initiate
discussions to allow harvesting of opportunities which will enable near-term
opportunities, new capabilities, and long-term stable growth.
• Represent UPSA for Business Development opportunities through trade events,
site visits, meetings and presentations.
• Manage a permanent portfolio of BD projects with business partners, Medical
Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing technology, Legal, Global
Marketing and Commercial.
• Develop and negotiate terms of agreement for partnerships.
• Negotiate contracts and amendments and play a pivotal role with Legal in
concluding and managing contracts to execution.
• Coordinate contract input from other functional areas Medical Affairs, Regulatory
Affairs, PV, Quality and Global Marketing.
• Coordinate the evaluation with Marketing and Business Analytics and lead the
• Create presentations on licensing opportunities for Senior Management review
• Manage and lead multiple, complex projects with limited supervision.
• Manage the opportunity evaluation process by leading cross functional teams with
Portfolio, Finance, IP/Legal, Regulatory, Marketing and Business Analytics.
• Assess the technical challenges for any target products or BD opportunities, based
on personal experience and through consultation with Medical & Scientific and
Technical Expertise, Regulatory Affairs, and legal counsel as may be required.
• Negotiate commitments and timelines from internal and external parties.
• Develop an active external network for sourcing products, services and
YOUR PROFILE :
6 - 10 year experience in BD or commercial function, ideally in Consumer
HealthCare Business (i.e: Pharma, food supplement, medical device) :
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in commercial and/or business
development roles within the small or medium, pharmaceutical, biotech,
food supplement and/or medical device company, Cosmetic/Consumer
Goods in an international environment.
• A commercial experience in dealing with customer-relation management
such as a key account manager role at regional or global level.
• A strong track record in complex project management.
• A proven record of professional success and goal attainment in Consumer
Health / Consumer Goods Business.
Experience of working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment - aligning to
diverse stakeholder and agendas.
Technical/scientific background would be a plus.
Excellent project management skills in a cross-cultural and cross-functional
environment notably in pre product launch activities with a strong business
• Successful experience in customer / supplier management relationship
(Commercial) the contracting process for licensing and commercial partnership
from initial terms to deal closure.
• Solid knowledge of the product development and approval process, including
regulatory processes, legal/IP issues, quality and technical dimensions and
• Ideally strong knowledge of OTC: market; segments; trends, players, changes.
• Ability to connect and develop both internal and external network to capture
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines, remain organized, adaptable and be
• Strong analytical ability and ability to think strategically.
• Influential but not overpowering.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent English language skills (spoken and written).
• Ability to work and influence across functions with limited supervision
• Well-organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Comfortable operating in a matrix organization, with the ability to achieve goals
by influencing the attitudes and opinions of others.
• Good level of financial knowledge and product P&L modelling for OTC business.
• Ability to travel in EU & FRENCH SPEAKING AFRICA.
You are interested by the position and you match with the profile, please send your motivation letter
+ CV to:
- Société : UPSA SAS
- Téléphone :
- Adresse :
- Personne à contacter : Franck Faucher